WORKING HOURS OF THE CONSULAR SECTION:
TUESDAY, FRIDAY 10:00 – 12:30
Address: 2-5, Raina bulvāris., Riga, LV-1050
Telephone: (+371) 6714 28 92
Definition, category, purpose and types of visa
Visa – is an official document providing legal basis for foreigner, who visits a country in visa requirement regime, to entry to, temporary stay in a period indicated in a visa and leave the country by passing through border crossing points during that period.
A visa has three categories – diplomatic, service and ordinary.
2 types of visas - entry or transit visas for foreigners and stateless persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan are issued in a following way:
- Entry visa – validity period of such type of visa is up to 90 days for single entry.
- Single (ordinary) entry visa – allows only one entry-exit in this period.
- Multi-entry visa – validity period of this visa is up to 2 years. This visa allows a person to enter a country several times during a relevant period.
Period of stay in a country indicated in a visa is used during a validity period of that visa. Visa that is not used during this period loses its force.
- Single-entry or two-entry transit visa – is issued to foreigners and stateless persons to allow transit passage through the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan to a third country. Validity period of transit visa is 30 days; period of stay in a country is 5 days. Transit visas are issued by taking account traffic route via air, water, railway and other transport means and time spend on it.
Foreigners and stateless persons can be issued ordinary entry visas if they visit a country for the following purposes:
- Science and education
- Culture and sport
- Personal travel
Persons visiting a country for only official purposes are issued diplomatic or service entry visas.
Attention! Foreigners or stateless persons temporarily residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan more than 15 days must be registered at the place of residence.
List of documents required for the issuance of visa (except official, transit, tourism and individual visits):
- Application form application form
- Pasport (original and copy);
- 3x4 size 2 recently taken photos;
- Receipt certifying the payment of visa fee;
- Invitation letter of invitee.
State fee rates required for visa issuance and their payment procedures
- In accordance with articles 16.1.6 and 16.1.7 of Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “State fee”, foreigners and stateless persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan are charged state fee for visa issuance at the following rates:
For citizens of the Republic of Latvia
Single entry visa – 35 Euro
Multiple entry visa – 35 Euro
For stateless persons
Single entry visa – 20 USD
Multiple entry visa – 350 USD
*** In accordance with the Article 25.3 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan:
For issuance of the OFFICIAL VISA - an official Note Verbale of the State of the International Organization represented by a foreigner or stateless person is required along with other documents.
*** In accordance with the Article 30.1 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan:
For issuance of the INDIVIDUAL VISA - "A NOTARIZED INVITATION LETTER" of the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, of a foreigner or stateless person permanently residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan, of a labor migrant holding a temporary residence permit, of a foreigner or stateless person who gets education (only for the family members of that labor migrant or the foreigner and stateless person who gets education) is required along with other documents.
*** Application submitted by a party inviting a foreigner and a stateless person to the Republic of Azerbaijan, a sample (file is attached) of which is approved by an appropriate authority of the executive power, a registered copy of a certificate (for non-governmental organizations), a document proving the purpose of an invitation (these documents are not required for transit, tourism, official and individual travel visas);
The Consular Section reserves a right to require any additional documents that it considers to be necessary for visa application procedure. If you falsify any information or fail to submit all the documents required, you will be subject to rejection of visa application. In case of rejection of visa application, the obtained visa fee will not be returned.
Note: foreigners and stateless persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan in group are charged state fee individually for visa issuance.
Note: payments for visa shall be paid within the same month of applying for visa.
Visa processing time usually takes at least 7 business days.
No assurances regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Therefore, the purchase of non-refundable tickets should not be made before visa approval is granted.